When I go for groceries shopping, other than minced pork, the must-buy meat will be chicken drumsticks. When I feel lazy about cooking, it’s easy for me to cook my instant chicken rice with drumsticks.
Ingredients for instant chicken rice: 4 pieces of boneless chicken drumsticks, 4 cloves of garlic, 4 slices of ginger, 1 tablespoons of salt, 2 cups of rice, 2 cups of water and oil.
- 把蒜米去皮备用；姜则去皮切成片。鸡腿去骨洗净后切成小块备用。Remove the skin of the garlic and ginger. Slice the ginger into four. After cleaning the boneless drumsticks, cut it into small pieces.
- 烧热的锅中加入适量的油，然后把蒜米和姜片放入锅内爆香。Saute the garlic and ginger.
- 加入已切成小块的鸡腿肉，炒至表面略金黄或看不到生肉。Add in the boneless drumsticks which already cut it into pieces. Fried until the skin surface of the chicken is cooked (which is when the meat turns white)
- 加入盐和洗净的米略炒一下就可以把锅里的食材全倒入饭锅内。Add in the cleaned rice and salt. Slightly stir fried and remove all the ingredients from the wok into the rice cooker.
- 加入水，然后便可以启动电饭煲了。Add in the water and switch on the rice cooker.
- 喜欢青葱或香菜的朋友，也可以加一些在煮好的饭上面。You can also add some spring onions or coriander on top of the rice when it’s ready.
Note: I’m using the measuring cup which comes with the rice cooker to measure the rice and water.